There are several initiatives(ICT) of the MHRD, UGC and its Inter University Centres (IUCs) – Information and Library Network (INFLIBNET) and Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC), in the form of digital platforms which can be accessed by the teachers, students and researchers in Colleges for broadening their horizon of learning. Following is the list of some of the 1CT initiatives along with their access links:
- SWAYAM On-line Courses: provides access to best teaching learning resources which were earlier delivered on the SWAYAM Platform may be now viewed by any learner free of cost without any registration. Students/learners who registered on SWAYAM (swayam.gov.in) in the January 2020 semester can continue their learning as usual.
- UG/PG MOOC: hosts learning material of the SWAYAM UG and PG (Non-Technology) archived courses.
- e-PG Pathshala: hosts high quality, curriculum-based, interactive e-content containing 23,000 modules (e-text and video) in 70 Post Graduate disciplines of social sciences, arts, fine arts and humanities, natural & mathematical sciences.
- e-Content courseware in UG subjects: e-content in 87 Undergraduate courses with about 24,110 e-content modules is available on the CEC website at http://cec.nic.in/
- SWAYAMPRABHA: is a group of 32 DTH channels providing high quality educational curriculum based course contents covering diverse disciplines such as arts, science, commerce, performing arts, social sciences and humanities subjects, engineering, technology, law, medicine, agriculture etc to all teachers, students and citizens across the country interested in lifelong learning. These channels are free to air and can also be accessed through your cable operator. The telecasted videos/lectures are also as archived videos on the Swayamprabha portal.
- CEC-UGC YouTube channel: provides access to unlimited educational curriculum based lectures absolutely free. The Consortium for Educational Communication popularly known as CEC is one of the Inter University Centres set up by the University Grants Commission of India. It has been established with the goal of addressing the needs of Higher Education through the use of powerful medium of Television alongwith the appropriate use of emerging Information Communication Technology (ICT)
- National Digital Library : National Digital Library ( NDL) is project undertaken by IIT Khargpur which is funded by MHRD, Govt of India. In this Project, Educational materials ranging from primary to post-graduate levels are available. It is Repository of contents from multiple subject domains like Technology, Science, Humanities, Agriculture and others. More than 60 types of learning resources and Items in more than 70 languages are available .Repository integrates contents from different Indian Institutional Repositories such as:
- NPTEL : MHRD sponsored project that hosts 10,000+ video lectures in engineering domain.
- DLI :More than 5,00,000 global classical books
- Inflibnet :Hosts 38,000+ thesis and synopsis reports authored by Indian Researchers from different institutes
- KrishiKosh : More than 50,000 agricultural books, journals, articles and reports
- NCERT : Hindi and English books of different subjects for students from primary to 12th standard
- SNLTR : Digitization of literary works by Rabindranath Tagore
and so on. Library members were registered with Institute email id as bonafide members of NDL . However each member has to login initially once to confirm the details of the same.
- Shodhganga : is a digital repository platform of 2,60,000 Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertations for research students to deposit their Ph.D. theses and make it available to the entire scholarly community in open access.
- e-Shodh Sindhu: provides current as well as archival access to more than 15,000 core and peer-reviewed journals and a number of bibliographic, citation and factual databases in different disciplines from a large number of publishers and aggregators to its member institutions including centrally-funded technical institutions, universities and colleges that are covered under 12(B) and 2(f) Sections of the UGC Act.
- Vidwan: is a database of experts which provides information about experts to peers, prospective collaborators, funding agencies policy makers and research scholar in the country.