- Circulation Services (Issue, Return, Renewal & Reservation)
- Document Delivery Service
- Inter-Library Loan (ILL)
- Book Bank facility
- Library Orientation Programs
- Reference and Information Services
- Remote access (off-campus access to digital content of the library)
- Web OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue)
Borrowing of materials library provides general access to collection and a full range of loan services. These services include issue of materials from the circulating collections, checking in returned materials, and shelving of reading materials. Circulation staff in the library will also assist you in placing reservation and recall requests on items that are issued out and will help you in locating items in the stack area and deal with related matters.
The GCCBA Library has a good collection of reference sources such as reference books, print journals, e-books, e-journals and reference materials like dictionaries, encyclopedias, handbooks, directories, etc. The Central Library provides reference services to the library users for their academic, research and recreation purposes.
- GCCBA Library provides reference and information service to its users for better use of library resources including orientation service to newcomers in respect of how to use the library resources.
- Reference service includes finding user information needs and helps user to answer their queries through using wide range of library resources in print and e-formats. Computer terminals are also available to users for consulting library catalogues as well as for accessing databases and other e-resources.
- Reserved books are restricted to borrow. Reserved books can only be issued for short period through special permission from Librarian on urgent need.
- Reference collection section which consists dictionaries, Encyclopedias, Annual Reports, CD/DVDs etc. which are restricted for issuing.
- Reference copy which is marked through ‘R’ will not be issued.
- Return the borrowed material within the due date.
- Marking, Writing and Highlighting on the book are prohibited.
- The borrower is obliged to compensate lost or damaged materials. To know the rules for replacement of lost or damaged book kindly contact the Library.
- Check the missing pages, paragraphs or spoiled books before leaving the circulation desk
- No damaged book will be accepted at the circulation counter, damaged book should be replaced or repaired by the borrower.
Digital Library Service:
- GCCBA library has separate digital library section with 15 computer terminals for better use of e-resources.
- Library has fully Wi-Fi zone where users can use internet anywhere in the library through authentic login Id.
- It is requested to use digital library and peripherals with proper care.
- E-Resources (viz. e-journals, e-books, e- databases) are subscribed by GCCBA Library for academic purpose only.
- Systematic or excessive downloading is strictly prohibited.
- Use of Intelligent peripherals or accessories like spiders, robots for systematic downloading is forbidden.
- Commercial Use of E- Resources is against the policy i.e. (Reselling, redistributing and republishing licensed content).
- Excessive or systematic downloading will be the cause of violation of agreement with the publisher and in such case publisher can block the access for entire community of GCCBA-50, Chandigarh.
Remote Access Service:
The GCCBA Library provides the facility of providing remote access to e-resources of the library outside the GCCBA campus. The service is Id/ Password-based.
Internet and Wi-Fi Service:
The Central Library is fully Wi-Fi enabled for connecting to the Internet and accessing library’s resources. Access is Id/ password protected.
User Assistance Service:
All library staff is helpful to provide necessary assistance to the library users. The library professionals at different sections assist the library users. GCCBA Library provides OPAC terminals and Web OPAC to search, and browse the bibliographic resources of the library.