- Every member of the library must be prepared to identify himself/herself when requested to do so.
- Use of a borrower ticket, belonging to other member is prohibited.
- Outwears, brief cases, handbags, files, umbrellas and similar items should be deposited at the check point before entering the library.
- Silence must be observed in the Library.
- A misplaced book is temporarily lost. To avoid misplacement; books taken from the open shelves should be left on the nearest table.
- Users assume the obligation of keeping the library materials in good condition. Materials damaged, defected or lost must be replaced; otherwise the cost will be realized from the borrower.
Other rules and regulations
- All library materials must be borrowed against borrower’s card;
- Borrowers are liable for damage and loss of books, if any;
- Borrowers should check the physical condition of a book while borrowing the same.
Do’s and Don’ts of Library
- Please carry the Library card whenever visiting the Library;
- Your mobile should be on Switch off mode when entering the library;
- Please deposit bags/umbrellas etc. at the Security Counter and take a token;
- Please use “Group Study Area” if you want to study in group;
- After consulting a book, please leave the same on the nearby table;
- Please produce the library material at check point, when taking the library material out of the library;
- Please leave the Library 10 minutes before the closing time to help the staff to close the Library on time.
- Do not ignore if you find anybody causing damage to library material. Please report the matter to Users’ Assistance Desk immediately;
- Do not damage any library material;
- Do not talk in the silence zone of the library;
- Do not carry and eatables inside the library.
- Do not file books on the shelves. A misplaced book is a lost book;
- Do not smoke inside the library premises. Entire Library building, under the law, is no smoking zone.