GCCBA-50 Library Policy for disposal of old newspapers, old journals, old magazines and old books etc., through public auction basis:-
- Before auction library magazines/journals are offered for sale to students and staff for at least 21 days.
- Cost of Magazine/Journals (Face value of the Magazine/Journal means 10% of Face value rounded to the nearest Rupee) will be charged to students and staff.
- Any genuine bidder for raddi can participate in the auction. The decision regarding the genuiness of bidders is decided by the college auction committee.
Reserve Price of Raddi in different categories is fixed as under:
1. Old Newspapers
2. Old Journals
3. Old Magazines
4. Old books/Damaged books
5. Library card
- Letter has to be posted to Raddi Vendors belonging to different areas of the city like, Attawa and Burail and notices be put up on the notice broads of CSL-17,CSL-34 and stick on the notice broads of UT secretariat, MC office and the college notice board.
- The physical inspection is permissible during office hours only. i.e. 9.30 A.M. to 4.00 P.M
- The articles can be inspected in the college Library between 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM.
- Bidders are advised to inspect the stock of old newspapers, old magazines, old journals, damaged books and waste papers etc. before public auction.
- The reserve price and other conditions are declared at the time of auction.
- The firm is to quote the rate of the items per kg on the spot.
- Bidders have to deposit Rs. 500/- as security (before the commencement of auction), which would be refundable after the auction. The security of the person whose bid is accepted is adjusted against his payment.
- The bid security is adjusted in the bid money of the successful bidder.
- The responsibility of the arrangement of weighing machine is the responsibility of the highest bidder.
- The highest bidder(s) are required to pay in cash the bid amount and lift the articles before 3:00 PM on the same day. If the highest bidder is unable to deposit the bid amount at time of auction, the bid security will be forfeited.
- Weighing of the old newspapers, old magazines, old journals, damaged books and waste Papers etc., is to be done in the presence of auction committee members.
- The bidder has to bring his own gunny bags, labourer for picking up and carrying the raddi at the time of weighing.
- All packing, loading and unloading of items sold will have to done by the successful bidder at his/her own cost. No extra charges will be paid.
- Before lifting the item, the successful bidder will have to deposit the entire sale proceeds into office cash counter, through cash only. Any other mode of payment will not be accepted.
- The right to acceptance of the vendors will rest with the competent authority of the college.
- The bidder whose bid is accepted will have to remove the entire lot within twenty four hours of bidding, failing which his bid shall stand cancelled and the security forfeited.
- If the bidders are found to be indulging in malpractice, the auction committee reserves the right to cancel the auction of any category or whole.
- The decision of the committee will be final and the chairperson/chairman has the right to cancel the auction without assigning any reason for the same.
- Sale proceeds of the material are to be deposited in A/F since these are purchased out of A/Fund.